Monday, November 12, 2007

First trip away

Spent my first days away from Nolan and Emily this past weekend as I attended the National Christian Multicultural Student Leaders Conference at Anderson University in Indiana. Emily sent me some great picture text messages (shown below) so that made it a little easier. As you can see he is starting to smile. I know, it is just gas but it is still awesome to see.

Also, had a weight check today and Nolan came in at just over 9 pounds! Amazing how fast he is growing. We both have a feeling he is going to be pretty tall. Let's just hope his athletic genes come from dad instead of mom ;)

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Hey you guys...He is absolutely adorable! You have got to be so proud! We are all looking forward to meeting him...and seeing you both as well. Mya was so disappointed last week when we didn't make it over to see him.

I have to admit that I thought it was going to be difficult sharing in your joy but I have come to realize how wrong I was. It hurt a lot more in the beginning of the crazy storm but things are looking brighter. I have found great support from other mother’s right here on this blogger site. I hate to see others in the same pain as I am but it is comforting in itself to know that I am not alone facing this unpredictable storm.

I hope all is well will the three of you and that baby Nolan is giving you less trouble w/ the night and day dilemma. That will change soon if it hasn't already. Take care and keep in touch!

Love and prayers,
Chrissy